Sunday, November 25, 2007

November 07

So here is what I look like most days when I am making phone calls. This one was taken in early mid November just before we moved.
I am feeling pretty good at this weight but would still like to take off another 30 lbs. The holidays are always a difficult time to try and loose weight so I am not going to be too hard on myself. Particularly since we are adjusting to so many new things as a result of our move.
This whole jouney really started in January with a new years goal making a conscious effort to work on losing weight this year. At the time I really did not know where I would find the will power. It took me till mid February to get going on an Atkins plan and it was not until June that I made some additional discoveries. I found if you cut your carbs to 20 or less and concentrate only on that at first the hunger and cravings ease after about a week. At that point you can begin to make lower calorie and fat choices without the hunger and cravings. So currently I am in a maintaing mode but will get back to a loosing mode soon. Over all I am pleased with the progress I have made this year. I went from a starting weight of 240 and am now at 173 with the 3lb gain during the extra stress of moving in the last month and a half.

5 comments:

Fran said...

Way to go Margot...

Fran said...

Way to go girl..I'm proud of you.

Fran said...

Way to go girl..I'm proud of you.

Fran said...

Oh well I must be pushing the wrong button. :)

Lene said...

Hey Margot! Your pic is great. You're beautiful!!!

Haven't seen you around the boards in awhile. Kim and I were wondering how you were doing awhile back. How was your holiday? Enjoying your new home?

Would be nice to hear from you. Come visit us at eatinglow.com once in awhile.